- Highly committed, enthusiastic and creative with over 15 years’ experience in teaching, design, project management and realising clients’ requirements through effective communication and interpretation
- Talented online marketing specialist with experience in employed and freelance roles who can
show demonstrable success with a number of high profile national and international clients
- Desire to utilise the extensive skills and experience learnt to develop a career with a forward thinking, progressive organisation
Leeds Arts University 11/2016 – Present
Member of Progression and Widening Participation – delivering student-centred sessions for Young Creatives and The After School Art Club.
- Nurtured talent by respecting individuality and adapting teaching methods accordingly.
- Encouraged students to develop skills to explore, create and communicate their own ideas.
- Collaborated with other team members to deliver studio-focused sessions that include other disciplines.
- Fostered a specialist creative community approach.
- Delivered practical CPD workshops as part of the UKADIA national conferences for creative teachers.
- Researched the current and emerging Art curriculum and how it can integrate with other subjects.
- Created effective plans with clear direction of how they could work effectively with other departments.
- Tailored workshops in an enthusiastic manner and delivered presentations in the correct tone of voice,
- Highlighted the potential successes of cross curricular activities building confidence.
- Explained how animation can be used as a framework for curricular needs, encouraging active learning.
- Emphasised what learning outcomes might be able to achieve and raise attainment.
Web Development & Communications Officer
Care and Repair Leeds 11/2013 – 12/2016
Sole web developer and designer for Leeds based charity, funded by Leeds City Council, prominent in the delivery of services for Adult Social Care. Featured in an article in Yorkshire Evening Post with Cllr Adam Ogilvy representing Adult Social Care for the launch of the new site.
- Developed an anonymous job board used throughout Leeds, by Leeds City Council social workers.
- Technical and Creative Lead for the Advisory Group, to ensure continual enhancement.
- Attended contract meetings to explain design decisions with evidence to the stakeholders.
- Worked with internal teams to determine strategy and design for annual marketing campaigns.
- Updated computer graphic files using and maintained graphics library records.
- Translated discussions into leading on-demand web layout wireframes and compositions.
- Edited existing PowerPoint slides to enhance the corporate message delivered across Leeds.
- Designed user interface, tools and web pages to meet branding guidelines and web best practices.
- Delivered production ready graphics in HTML and CSS for all marketing assets.
- Troubleshot page performance issues, SEO code incompatibilities and web imagery problems.
FE Lecturer in Media, IT and Business
Leeds City College 09/09 – 07/10 – Shipley College 09/14 – 07/15 – Bradford College 12/10 – 11/15
- Created safe, inclusive environments inspiring students to become more creative and empowered
- Recognised achievement of working with Bradford District PRU, maintaining good relationships with pupils displaying moderate to severe learning difficulties alongside social, behavioural and communication difficulties.
- Lead on a series of CPD sessions demonstrating advanced Moodle features to develop staff knowledge.
- Developed courses in line with the curriculum requirements using Moodle and Google Classroom.
- Organised the curriculum to ensure the cohesive delivery of creative, technical and research-based units.
- Developed resources giving students of all abilities the opportunity to make decisions on how they learn
- Influenced how other staff members teach, making learning accessible, understandable and achievable.
- Trained students on graphic / web design programmes included in Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Fostered students’ commitment to lifelong learning by connecting course materials to broader themes and current events.
- Coached students on public speaking and presentation skills.
- Pointed students to relevant information about academic and personal support services available.
Teacher of ICT – Year 12 Form Tutor
Carlton Bolling College 09/2008 – 08/2009
- Incorporated strategic planning to curriculum development ensuring, successful, seamless delivery of OCR GCE Applied ICT and Level 2 OCR Nationals.
- Structured the segments of each unit in a manner that pupils were able to develop their skills.
- Taught HTML, CSS and image file formats.
- Designed and developed high quality resources for e-Safety, awarded Outstanding by Ofsted
- Trained students on programmes such as Adobe CC and Microsoft Office.
- Guided students in using technology to support educational research.
Andrassy Design 11/2006 – 08/2007
Created animations, video, web and printed material for charities and “not for profit’ companies
- Translated complex concepts and data into compelling visuals for media outreach.
- Designed new on-brand visual elements to effectively convey concepts and messaging.
- Maintained consistent use of graphic imagery in materials and other marketing outreach.
- Generated computer graphics and page-layout software, graphic elements and photography.
- Formatted text and graphics for blog posts, newsletters and other materials.
Bradford School of Art 09/2005 – 07/2006
- Developed and delivered engaging lectures to undergraduates in design to all-ages (19 to 72).
- Trained students on computer graphic design programmes such as Adobe InDesign and iMovie.
- Instructed students in the use of graphical elements and aesthetic standards
- Monitored students’ academic progress and referred those who were struggling to Student Support
- Planned, evaluated and revised course content and course materials.
- Wrote course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments and handouts.
- Demonstrated commitment to undergraduate teaching through participation in the college community.
Hair Stylist / Assessor
WestRow Hairdressing 01/90 – 12/91 – Oasis Hair Leeds 01/92 – 08/02
- Cleaned, maintained and sterilised tools ensuring the salon and equipment are safe.
- Cut, coloured and styled clients’ hair with precision and expertise delivering an outstanding experience
- Established a strong relationship with a loyal client base to generate long term business.
- Resolved complaints in a timely, efficient manner.
- Trained salon staff in traditional and innovative haircutting techniques and salon management.
- Provided assistance to colleagues especially in colour correction and techniques.
- Trained junior stylists various aspects of hairdressing adhering to NVQ standards.
- Ensured effective running of salon with clear client focus and essential presentation.
The Digital Garage 2016
NCFE Equality and Diversity 2013
PRINCE 2 Foundation 2010
PRINCE 2 Practitioner 2010
The University of Huddersfield
PG Cert Multimedia and eLearning 2018
PGCE ICT 2008
The University of Salford
MA Graphic Design: Communication 2007
Bradford School of Art
1st BA Hons Graphic Media: Communication, 2005
East Leeds Family Learning Centre
OCR CLAIT Stage 1 2002
NVQ Level 3 Hairdressing 1998
Office and Google Docs
Formed Space Leeds 09/2000 – Present
Over 15 years’ experience in a freelance role working on a variety of projects for a number of prestigious regional, national and International clients.
Web Design and Interactivity
- Integrating content managed sites with social networks
- Designing fully immersive experiences incorporating video, sound and animation
- Developing accessible, responsive, search engine optimised, HTML and CSS sites
Video and Animation
- Capturing video footage for exhibitions and charities
- Editing promotional videos to be engaging, entertaining and informative
- Producing moving image sequences optimised for use on the web
Print and Promotion
- Designed advertisements, tradeshow banners and signage from concept through completion.
- Collaborated with vendors to ensure style consistency with other marketing materials.
- Developed design deliverables that elevated, differentiated and functioned on-brand and on-strategy.
Branding and Identity
- Redefining local and global brand identities
- Establishing rules and guidelines to follow in house
- Producing digital graphics in appropriate file formats
Registered Foster Carer
Leeds City Council 11/2015 – Present
- Ensured that the welfare of the child is paramount
- Developed safe care plan, health plan and a personal education plan
- Maintained an environment free from oppression, discrimination and prejudice, encouraging them to develop a positive sense of their own identity
- Identified aims and objectives of the young person’s care plan and work alongside other professionals in the implementation of this
- Worked in partnership with other professionals to promote contact between looked after children and their family
Trustee 12/2014 – 05/2017
Oblong (Woodhouse Community Centre)
- Attended AGM and various events to promote public confidence and trust in the charity.
- Ensured that the charity and its representatives function within the legal and regulatory framework of the sector and in line with the organisations’ governing document involved undertaking such duties in a way continually striving for best practice in governance.
Through good governance and clear strategic planning as a board we
- Determined the overall direction and development of the charity through strategic vision.
- Ensured accessibility for all communications adhering to the Equality Act 2010 following my good, independent judgment.
- Lead on Accessible Information Standard and how the charity can be forward thinking in their approach to address barriers that impede disabled people.
- Interviewed new trustees.